Through internships, clinics or non-profits and independent practice, in New York and California, I have been practicing clinical social work and psychotherapy since 2002, increasingly focusing on psychodynamic/depth psychotherapy, EMDR therapy and supervision or consultation. Following an earlier career in business, and preparatory to increasing my potential for healing and supportive service through psychotherapy, I studied and practiced meditation and Buddhist psychology at San Francisco Zen Center’s three practice centers.
Certificates & Degrees
- Certificate: Advanced Clinical Workshop and Refresher Course (Part 3), Parnell Institute for EMDR.
- Certificate: two-year Supervision Study Program of The Psychotherapy Institute, Berkeley, California.
- Certificate in Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy, four-year adult program of the National Institute for the Psychotherapies, New York City, New York.
- Certificates I & II in Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR), Wm. Zangwill, New York City, New York.
- Masters of Science in Social Work (MSSW), concentration in mental health, Columbia University School of Social Work, New York City, New York.
- Bachelor of Science in Education (BS), University of the Pacific, Stockton, California.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) – State of California Board of Behavioral Sciences #27170 issued 2-28-11.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) – New York State Education Department #077484 issued 4-28-10.
- Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) – New York State Education Department #067732, active 2003 to 4-28-10.